From the East:
Take Route 10 West from intersection of Rt 10/287. Go past Rt 202. make U turn at third light. Take right (at Pella Plaza) onto Miller Rd. Take right onto Zeek Rd. Field is on Left
From the West:
Take Rt 10 East past K Mart Plaza (Randolph) Just past second light take right (at Pella Plaza) onto Miller Rd. Take right onto Zeek Rd. Field is on Left
Limited Parking - In lot directly off of Zeek Road and in back lot, down hill behind baseball fields. DO NOT PARK ON ZEEK ROAD
To protect the field surface, maximize the life of the field and to avoid conflict between user groups.
1. User groups with Field Permits from the Denville Recreation Office will have priority over other user groups for the date/s and time/s listed on the permit.
2. No Group shall sub-let out their approved facility use time. If an outside for profit entity runs a camp or clinic during approved scheduled group time slots (where there is a charge to participants) this will be considered sub-letting, and this practice will be strictly prohibited and will cause said group to forfeit their facility use permit.
3. User groups of 9 or more players, coaches & fans must have a facility use permit.
4. User groups must not enter the field area prior to their permitted time and should exit the field area 5 minutes before their time to allow transition between groups.
5. If user groups find a problem, defect in the turf, or the field was left in an unclean condition, please notify the Denville Recreation Department. 973-625-8300 ext. 238 or via e-mail at: email@example.com (please e-mail photos when possible)
6. No playing on Turf Field when CLOSED.
7. Coaches are responsible for the conduct and behavior of players and their spectators.
8. Spectators shall remain off the playing field at all times.
9. Only freestanding field markers and sports equipment may be used on the turf field. NO stakes, posts, poles, or markers of any kind may be driven in to the turf field.
10. No marking, painting or taping of lines on the turf field.
11. User groups must leave the field area the way they found it. This means, removal or replacing of equipment that your group brought or moved onto the turf field. Each team is responsible for removing anything that was carried on to the field such as but not limited to: water bottles, sport drink bottles, coffee cups, extra gear, etc.
12. No food is allowed on the turf field this includes but not limited to: chewing gum, candy, sunflower seeds, grapes, oranges and nuts.
13. No colored sports drinks are allowed on the turf field.
14. No smoking or chewing of tobacco is allowed in any of Denville’s Parks.
15. No alcohol of any kind.
16. No glass or metal beverage containers of any kind are allowed on the field.
17. All garbage must be removed after each use.
18. No metal spiked shoes of any kind or screw-in plastic cleats are allowed on the turf field. Allowable footwear on the turf field: molded rubber cleats, turf shoes or running shoes. All footwear is to be clean and free of mud.
19. No tables, chairs, canopy’s or tent’s are allowed on the turf field.
20. No golfing, shot putting, javelin and discus throwing on the turf field.
21. No model airplanes, no radio controlled airplanes, no radio controlled helicopters and no model rockets are allowed on the turf field.
22. No Pets of any kind are allowed on the turf field. Service animals are permitted.
23. No Motorized vehicles of any kind except those permitted by Americans with Disabilities Act.
24. No bicycles, rollerblades, scooters or skateboards are allowed on the turf field.
25. Any specialized equipment for games or practices must be approved by the Recreation Director before said equipment may be used.
26. No Fireworks, Fire Pits, Open Fire or Open Flame are allowed on the turf field.
The Turf Field Rules and Regulations are in effect at all times and apply to everyone using the field. Permit holders will be liable, and field use privileges will be suspended and/or revoked if the rules are not followed.
The turf fields are open rain or shine. The turf fields will only close in the event of thunder/lightning, freezing rain and snow. Snow shall not be removed from the turf field under any circumstances.
The turf field cannot be used in weather conditions involving the threat of lightning. The presence of even thunder/lightning in the distance warrants leaving the field immediately. The turf field should be clear for 30 minutes after the last bolt of lightning or clap of thunder. This is NJ State Law.